Seeing an overflowing toilet is a situation no one wants to face at any point in their life. But the reality is plumbing issues can come at least expected times and leave you feeling worried and annoyed. So, whenever you begin to see the signs of toilet problems, it’s important to address the problem yourself or contact licensed and reliable plumbers Oakland to remedy the problem. As a homeowner, you can do some steps to stop the toilet from overflowing, and save your water and mess around. In this blog, we will cover all the vital steps you should do to stop an overflowing toilet and handle this situation. Because this type of issue can be solved by yourself too.
Besides this, to prevent this problem in the future, you need to know the reasons why it happened in the first place that will also be covered in this blog.
Here is what to do when you see an overflowing toilet:
- Turn off the water supply coming to the toilet’s tank. So, reach to the valve from which the water is coming to the toilet’s tank and turn off this valve. You will find this valve located at the bottom of the toilet.
- Remove the lid off from the toilet tank. Reach to the flapper and put its position to the downside. Now the water will stop from reaching the toilet’s bowl and filling it.
- If the toilet is still overflowing, you have to turn off the main shut-off valve. It’s important to know where the main valve is located in your home. If you don’t know, you can’t deal with immediate plumbing problems. So, be knowledgeable of the valves in your home.
However, if turning off the main valve doesn’t solve the problem, it’s time to reach professional plumbing and drain cleaning Oakland company for the solution. Because this could be an issue of sewage backup that requires a professional plumber’s assistance to have a solution to this problem.
Here are the reasons why your toilet is overflowing:
- Clogged drain
- Flipped Float is not aligned too high
- Blocked or clogged pipes
- Clogged sewage line
- Malfunctioned toilet’s parts
- Your septic tank is full and needs an inspection from a septic professional.
You can use a plunger to get rid of clogs formed in the drain. But use the plunger only after the overflowing has stopped. Otherwise, contact a professional to solve the problem.
Apart from it, the toilet will work properly for a long time if you use the toilet as it needs to be used. Don’t throw things that should not go down the drain. These things develop clogs and blockage in the toilet drain and can cause overflowing.
To bottom it up!
Plumbing of the house requires care and maintenance in order to last long and keep working properly. With knowledge and awareness, you can prevent many serious toilet plumbing problems and also reduce the need to call a plumbing and water heater repair Oakland company. Thus, as a homeowner, you need to be aware of the things that cause problems in your toilet’s working.