A water heater is an integral component of your home plumbing system. It provides warm water for multiple purposes, like laundry, dishwashing, cooking, bathing, etc. However, a water heater can malfunction due to many reasons. Fixing the problem sooner is necessary to avoid damage.
However, many people are confused about whom they should call. Most plumbing problems like water heater malfunction require immediate plumbing attention. Consulting with expert plumbers in San Jose can help.
A licensed and experienced local plumber in San Jose understands water heating problems. They have been trained to tackle the following:
- Electrical wiring
- Heating elements
- Anode rods
- Gas lines
Although plumbers understand these problems, some issues are specifically handled by electricians.
- Tripping circuit breaker.
- Overheating or blown water heater fuse box.
- Loose wiring in water heater systems.
These problems indicate that your electrical panel needs an upgrade. If you have an electric water heater, you can contact a licensed electrician.
Plumbers Handle the Following Water Heater Problems:
- Your water heater makes unusual noises.
- Your water heater produces discolored water.
- You may witness low hot water pressure.
- There’s no hot water.
- Water heater leaks.
- Water temperature fluctuations.
- It produces less hot water.
- No pilot light.
Whether you have a traditional water heater or a tankless water heater, checking the age limit of the appliance is necessary. It helps you maintain a maintenance schedule for its smooth functioning.
Tips for Maintaining a Water Heater
- Regular inspection schedule to identify potential problems
- Flush the tank yearly because it prevents corrosion.
- Check temperature pressure valves for smooth functioning.
- Replace the air tank filter to prevent it from overheating and shutting down.
- Insulate pipes as it reduces energy costs.
- Replacing anode rods is necessary to protect the interior of the tank.
- Keep combustible substances away from the appliance to prevent catastrophic events.
- Install the appliance in a well-ventilated area.
- Set the heater at its lowest temperature during your absence.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for proper maintenance.
While you can maintain your water heater, it is necessary to schedule a professional inspection to identify potential problems. Experts in water heater repair in San Jose know the ins and outs of a plumbing system to suggest you the best solution. A professional inspection will help reduce energy costs and repair expenses.
It is understood that plumbers install the appliance and handle most water heater problems. Consulting with a qualified plumber for water heater installation in San Jose is the best idea to avoid problems. Water heaters are appliances that homeowners don’t think about much until they stop working. Sudden breakdown causes inconvenience. Therefore, regular inspections by a licensed plumber can prevent problems in the future.